
I really loved Palestrina stitch. I started it the week it was set - but wasn't inspired. I was away on holiday with just boring plain felt and couldn't get going. It wasn't until I got back and saw this piece of fabric I printed with wrought iron
swirls that I suddenly saw a way forward! I really have to have the right background before I can move forward and get inspired with a stitch. It makes all the difference for me. Somehow the fabric tells me what stitch would set it off the best!!
The background fabric is a bought blue, slightly mottled, cotton. It has blue and red wrought iron
swirls printed on it and also a henna hand print shape. You can see the fingers and thumb if you look closely. I'll post a pic another time. It is from a template for doing henna hand designs and I got it at an art exhibition called
Goddess, here in Sydney, last year.
Below is a close up, because I just loved the texture and shapes in this section!
1 comment:
Beautiful sample, Luci! The background fabric is really interesting. I get a lot of inspiration from looking at fabric and threads too.
Post a Comment