Sunday, 22 July 2007

Rusty Heaven!!

This is the wreck of the Minmi - off the coast of Sydney. James and I found it a few months ago - but I didn't have my camera. Today we went back. Pure heaven!! A very patient James humoured me while I filled my sim card! Below is just a taste of the beautiful colours and textures that I plan to use for inspiration in up coming work.




The rocks around the wreck are also fascinating - lots of erosion into layers and holes, with lichen highlights. I'll post some pictures sometime.

5 comments:

Dy said...

Oh my word, what fantastic photos. Those colours and textures are incredible - are you going to use them as inspiration for a fabulous textile piece?

Pat said...

Wow, what fabulous photographs, the top one looks like something taken through the Hubble telescope. The colours in all of them are amazing. Did you bring the wreck home....I would have wanted to.

FARBTUPFER said...

Wonderful pictures!

Luci F said...

Thank you. It is great to share this with people who appreciate it and don't think that climbing rocks to crawl over an old rusty hulk to take photos is mad! The things we do for our art!

Nancilyn (Fiberdabbler) said...

Luci, these are supurb. I hope they're on your Flickr site because I want to tag them as faves. Great inspiration!