Saturday, 29 December 2007

Watery waves: TAST 39-52


At last I have some time, so I am trying to catch up with all the TAST stitches within the year!! I am hoping to just creep in under the wire. This sampler is inspired by the coast and waves and is on a postcard sized piece of monoprinted paper that I made a while ago.
The stitches left to right are:
Reversed buttonhole bar, Berry, Spanish Zigzag Knotted, Pekinese, Thorn, French Knots, Pistil, Drizzle, Twisted Satin, Linked Double Chain, Spanish Feather, Knotted Cable Chain and Scroll stitches.
Again all were new to me, so I just tried to learn how to do the basic stitch. Maybe next year I can explore what else can be done with them and to push the boundaries a bit. I may do it as part of the Take it Further Challenge with Sharon B of In a Minute Ago.


This one shows a close up of pistil and drizzle stitches - they are great fun and for texture, so I will definately be using them again somewhere.

Below are a couple more close ups. This challenge has been so much fun and I am looking forward to next year too. I still have a few stitches I have skipped and will try to catch up with them before the year is up! 46 down: 6 to go!!



2 comments:

sharonb said...

Wow what a great finish - its been a pleasure to see

Luci F said...

Thank you Sharon. It's has been a fun journey and I'm looking forward to the Take it Further Challenge, next year.