Monday, 31 March 2008

Tree Fern - March Progress So Far



I have been working, albeit intermittently, on the Tree Fern macro piece. Thank you for your comments and suggestions on blending in the colours.

Ati's (Ati on the Crazy Road) suggestion of using tea to dye the pale stitches was very tempting (what a great idea - I'm saving that one for later). In the end I decided to try and blend the lights and darks using a range of tones.

This is my progress so far. Still a way to go, but I am now much happier with how it is going and can see what I want to do now - when I get some time...

It won't be finished by the March TIF deadline...but this piece has been evolving for a year or so now, and is a step in my own creative style development so that doesn't seem to matter so much...

This is my favourite bit so far.






2 comments:

Rosi said...

This looks really fabulous! I like it so much.

Paula Hewitt said...

This is shaping up nicely- I like all the french knots! I dont think the light bits stand out as much now...it all seems to be more blended.