Isn't it great to be back home?! Especially after an amazing adventure! The three weeks in the Top End of Australia have flown by and I now have a head full of images and memories of a fabulous place.
I took my needle and threads with me - to try to keep up with the TAST challenge while I was away. I managed to do this sample - Oyster stitch. I enjoyed creating the patterns and rhythms and loved this stitch - once I worked out how to do it. It took 2 trips to internet cafes to do so! The light in places you stay is never that great - so the other stitches had to wait - although I did check to see what they were when I could. Palestrina next and running stitch and it's Tuesday again...so I'll have to swing past Sharon B's "In A Minute Ago" blog to see what this week's challenge is. Think I am going to be busy! I'm also really looking forward to seeing what everyone else has been doing in the group.
I'll write more about the trip to Darwin, Kakadu and Katherine soon - and post some pictures. It will definately go down as one of the best trips of my life!
2 comments:
Welcome back Luci! Your oyster stitches looks great! I haven't been able to work them out yet...
Thanks Annica. It took me a while to get the hang of them, and I still find that they are a little wonky - I'm not quite sure where to start to keep them in a straight line - But I really enjoy the end result.
Post a Comment