Tuesday, 25 September 2007

knotted buttonhole chain

I'm not sure why but this stitch makes me think of ancient jewellery and archaeological digs - maybe Celtic bands. So the sample had to be in rich opulent colours and the "chain" had to be gold. I feel I want to add more stitching to this. I'm just not sure how or what yet...but it will come to me.
I had a great day at my art class yesterday. We did assemblage and I'm really pleased with what I did...a little treasure chest. I'll take some photos and post soon.
I started a new job today and we are off on holiday to Alice Springs and Ayr's Rock (Uluru) at the weekend - so life I'm definitely living life to the full. We have booked a 4WD campervan - I'm so looking forward to experiencing desert and wilderness. The skies are supposed to be amazing...
Then my Mum is coming to visit from the UK for 3 weeks, which will be wonderful. I'll do my best to keep up with TAST - it is a way of life at the moment!!

No comments: