This is the progress so far on my TIF March and Sumptuous Surfaces piece.
I stitched for hours - and then stopped to look. Now I'm not sure it is working ...yet.
I think I have too much contrast between the darker and lighter colours. Actually the lighter "whites" are quite colourful on their own - but just looked washed out here. Partly the camera photo - but it also looks like this in reality too.
I had an art teacher who said if your painting or mixed media piece wasn't working to paint it all white and start again....it's tempting, but it's not a painting, so I'll have to try something else!
I don't want to unpick too much, so I'm thinking of getting some "inbetween" shades to try and bring it together. Or may be when I add the paler areas on the left of the piece, it will just work anyway! Here's hoping...
3 comments:
If you are not happy with the white, why don't pour a cup of tea on it? I have done it and it works well :))
I think it looks fine for a piece in progress. Some medium tones will soften the contrast so I think you are on the right track.
I adore this piece! When I looked at the photo used for inspiration, there is a fair amount of white in it.
I think working in some medium tone will make it less contrast-y.
Great job!
Post a Comment