Fly Stitch - TAST - Week 8
This is one stitch that didn't give me a clear idea. In the end I decided to use some of my monoprinted fabric and follow the curves marked on it with flows of stitches in similar colours. I used short-tailed fly, closed fly stitch and reversed fly stitch.
As I was stitching I began to think of water weed and sea weed moving in the current and it reminded me of going fly fishing with my Dad when I was a child and being mesmerised watching the weed moving in the trout stream. Dad used to make his own fishing flies and had quite a collection. He died a few years ago now and on our last trip back to the UK to visit Mum we started to sort out his fishing gear, including lots of hand-tied flies and hand made fishing rods. Sadly none of us knew enough about it and wished he had been there to share his enthusiasm and knowledge with us.
So perhaps the stitch was telling me what to do with it after all!
No comments:
Post a Comment